The Shukumisa Campaign consists of a coalition of 47 member organisations covering all nine provinces of South Africa. Shukumisa has a vision of a South Africa with well crafted, well implemented sexual offences legislation and a strong criminal justice system that supports rape survivor’s access to justice and provides a clear deterrent to rapists. Its mission is to advocate for sexual offences legislation and policies that as far as possible reflect the best interests of adult and child survivors of sexual violence; and to evaluate and monitor the implementation of such laws and policies continually and advocate for their improvement, while supporting relevant CSOs.
The coalition is looking for a volunteer to support the communications requirements of the campaign when it comes to social networking as increasing voice and visibility is a strength of campaigns like this.
- Keen interest and in-depth knowledge of social media, esp. Facebook and Twitter
- Keen interest and knowledge of the Gender Based Violence (GBV) sector
- Keen interest in community development
- Excellent writing skills and command of the English language
The volunteer should be an open minded person who is reliable and has a great sense of team spirit but can work independently. The volunteer should have access to a computer, internet and email.
- Work in close collaboration with the Shukumisa Coordinator
- Share ideas of how to make the existing Shukumisa FB page and Twitter account more effective
- Implement the ideas
- Respond to social networking requests and interactions
- Monitor social networking activities
The volunteer should be available for a weekly meeting at the Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust (RCCTT) office in Observatory, Cape Town and can otherwise work at his or her discretion. This position is strictly voluntary with an option for a stipend from 2016 depending on available resources.
Please send a short motivational letter incl. your social media experience using the contact form below